Monday, November 21, 2005

I Made Dinner !

Each dinner is a solid achievement! It's a grand performance including timing, showmanship, and skill. I see dinner as a grand finale of each day. It's hard work! Notice the squirrel gathering acorns. It's a full time job! So much goes into a dinner: food shopping, organizing the food in the refrigerator, planning the actual meal, making the meal, preheating the oven, cutting the vegetables, cleaning and spicing the meat, timing the rice or pasta, finding ways to make full use out of the food available.

What you see here is lamb soup. You may have noticed that we had lamb the night before. Well, the left overs made a healthy and delicious soup. For the second course, I was at a loss until I realized that hard boiled eggs in a salad could be the perfect solution to my quandry. You see, I had no meat for a second course and I couldn't really serve just soup for dinner. I try to always have eggs in the refrigerator. So when I'm at a loss, I make eggs. They are rich in protein and have a lot to offer in many ways. I make them no more than once a week because of the cholesterol hazard. I particularly like the way they look in a salad. They are like eyes staring at you.

For dessert, we had oatmeal cookies. They make a great snack during the day too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the site header

"i have to make dinner again. htis happens every night. its unbelievable!"

love it

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sis! It was nice seeing you at Thanksgiving dinner. How about sharing the recipe for your stuffed mushrooms! They were great.

Kathy

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home