Saturday, November 12, 2005

Saturday














What you see here is lunch and dinner. On the weekends, I make an official lunch. When I was first married, I found this prospect to be rather intimidating because it restricted my freedom. I used to like to wander around bookstores and cafes with no concern for domestic responsibilities on the weekends. Things sure are different now. I provide "the lunch" at around 12:30 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. I used to resent having to make the lunch. I thought it was an absolute hassle. I don't mind it now. Lunch consists of pasta usually. It's no big deal. The above pasta is a penne with tomatoes and tuna (not from a can but rather from a jar.) Dinner was a hamburger. The first one I've made since the wedding. The Italians like to think that all Americans eat Hamburgers every night slathered with ketchup on a pathetic little bun that they wouldn't consider calling bread. This American hamburger idea simply isn't true. After the wedding which was in Italy, I was conversing with a man and I said, "You know I'm a little bit scared about getting married." "Perche'? There is nothing to be afraid of!" I replied by saying, "Well I really don't like to cook or at least I don't like the idea of having to cook every night. It's such a hassle. I have other things I like to do at that hour." He said, "Don't worry! You can make hamburgers when you feel that way."

2 Comments:

Blogger jm said...

Can I marry you? These look so delicious!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

thanks! I'm married but you are very sweet to say that!!!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home