Friday, November 11, 2005

Dinner Is Nice When It's Documented!









There's nothing like getting credit for the work that you do! Making dinner every night is an astronomical feat for me. There are few good reasons why. I have a toddler who deconstructs the house with no remorse or intention of cleaning up her mess. By the time I'm considering what to make for dinner, she generally gives up her independent projects and starts following me around crying. In addition, I have a new baby who decides to get fussy at the making dinner hour. The worst thing of all though is my kitchen. I don't know if you've seen it but it's the smallest kitchen possible in the Bronx. There is absolutely no counter space, none! Sometimes I balance a cutting board on the little plane that separates the double sinks from each other. Making dinner is no easy task. Cutting vegetables, a hassle in itself, becomes almost impossible. I try to make the situation more tolerable by making easy meals. The soup that you see above is the same soup as the night before except I've stretched it with rice, water and salt. The salad has become a proper second course because of the hard boiled eggs. Bread is an essential component on the "Italian table" and parmiggiano cheese is always welcome. In fact there was none but scraps left of the parmiggiano when the meal was over. Now that I'm documenting the dinners, I feel better about having to do it. It's like a profession and a priority.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home